251 Norfolk St, Stratford, ON N5A 3Z1
Sept. 9, 1898 Inaugural meeting of the Stratford Lawn Bowling Club
using leased land on Albert St. just east of the Albert Street Inn
July 1899 New greens ready for use in the Albert Street location
Oct. 1901 SLBC purchased property on north side of Ontario St. (west
of 272 Ontario Street - site of present Drake Dental Clinic)
1915 Ontario Street site was sold to a local contractor who wished to
build three houses there.
1915 SLBC negotiated with Stratford Parks Board for the Lakeside Drive
property, until 2019 when the Festival Theatre took over the property to replace the Patterson theatre with a new building.
May 29, 1931 Official opening of additional greens with new lighting
system and SLBC being given space in the Casino for use as a clubhouse.
SLBC played on Lakeside Drive site 104 years.
SLBC has been relocated to the Municipal Golf Course June 2019.